So here’s a new thing I’m doing, I’ve heard about cutting words out of headlines and using them to make poems, so I thought I’d make it a challenge. (I was also inspired by Yusra’s Blackout Poetry, you can find this here.) Basically I turn to five random pages, and take a headline from each, I must use at least one word from each headline to make a poem.
The five headlines this week were:
- Why I want to shave the bipolar bears.
- Your summer-born girl will have to skip her first year, mother told.
- Gel that helps rebuild weak heart muscle
- Beleaguered Rifkind’s defence as new cash for accessed storm engulfs him and Straw.
- Yawn! Were these the most PC acceptance speeches yet?