So, I guess I’m doing this on a technicality but… (that’s not a great way to start a post is it?.) I digress. The wonderful Yusra Gulab Jamman, who is by far one of my favourite poets on WordPress right now (check here to see why,) has nominated her entire fan-base for the Liebster award, how nice is that? So like a vulture perusing the great halls of WordPress I decided to leap upon this opportunity to put up something different on my Blog!
So I have gathered that these are the rules…
1. Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog sidebar.
2. Answer 10 questions posed by the person who nominated you, and then come up with 10 new ones to ask the bloggers you nominate.
3. Nominate 8 other blogs and put a link to them in your post. (But choose bloggers other than the one who nominated you.)
So, I shall attempt to answer Yusra’s questions the best I can!
1) Tell us a secret!
Whew! That’s a powerful starting question. Hmm well, much to the chagrin of my girlfriend I am secretly in love with Pixie Lott. And now everyone knows, ah well it’s not as embarrassing as it sounds I guess!
2) What is your favourite food?
Oh wow, I could go on and on about food. I love to cook and try new things, that being said nothing has ever come close to my Grandad’s (May he rest in peace) Steak and Ale pie. Now that man knew how to cook that dish. He taught me, but it’s never the same is it? Maybe it’s the nostalgia talking, but I haven’t found anything better yet.
3) Name one talent or skill you wish you had.
The are so many talented people out there, (Including everyone who reads this blog.) But the talent I want the most is to be able to play the violin skilfully. I’ve always wanted too, I’ve played many instruments in my time (Trombone, Trumpet, French Horn, Drums, Piano and Guitar) but nothing compares to a Violinist when it comes to my ear.
4) What was the last thing that made you laugh?
Bradley Walsh on The Chase. Poor bloke just can’t stop laughing at some of the questions he has to ask, for example “The giant cock on the fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square is what colour?” It shouldn’t be funny, but it’s nice to see a bloke of his age that can still have a childish giggle about something even on daytime TV. Here’s to the inner child in all of us.
5) Describe your ideal Sunday afternoon.
Ooh time to be cliché! A lovely bit of sun, a nice comfortable tree and a good book to read. If there is one thing I love more than writing, it’s reading a good book.
6) What is your favourite movie?
I take after my Mum in this respect, It’s A Wonderful Life is my favourite movie, on every Christmas it reminds me just how much that if you work hard in life, then it’s totally possible to be happy, even if the future seems bleak. This movie is touching in so many ways and if you haven’t seen it, I would recommend watching it!
7) What has been the happiest moment of your life so far?
This such a hard question, I mean I realise that I am very lucky to have access to all the things that I have and that I should be happy and grateful for food, clean water and an education. I think the happiest moment was getting into university, that is a specific moment. Other things that have made me happy that are really worth mentioning are my Mum and Stepdad, nothing beats family. And also my Girlfriend of four years Shannon, who inspires me and encourages me to do all sorts of things I didn’t think I could do!
8) If you could settle down in any country in the world, where would you live and why?
I’d like to think once University is over, that I’ll become a bit of a nomad, but if there was anywhere in the world I could live, it would most likely be a place like Australia or New Zealand. Why? Quality of living is great in a place like New Zealand, but there is so much countryside an places to explore in both, and I need inspiration!
9) Tell us about one important lesson you have learned in life.
Money cant make me happy, but self sufficiency allows me to share myself creatively without worrying about paying bills. Happiness is in acceptance of the self. I guess those are two lessons but they both interact on a base level. Being able to be creative and do what I want, and to express myself. Those are the important things, I can never stress enough to anyone reading You are perfect the way you are. When I was younger I tried to be someone I wasn’t, and I wasn’t happy. Now I have the confidence to be myself I feel happy. So whatever you want to do, dance, sing, box, anything, just do it and you’ll be all the more happy.
10) Share a quote which inspires you?
“… to keep moving up … , you have to abandon the security of that ledge and reach for another hold. Letting go of that sense of security.. is the challenge. … think of yourself as climbing a ladder. To move to the next rung, you must give up your grip and reach for the next one.”
— Nick Vujicic
For anyone not familiar with Nick Vujicic, he is the most inspirational man I have ever seen. He does talks about self worth and inspires people the world over. The man himself doesn’t have arms or legs, but he doesn’t need them, in his own words ‘I don’t need hands to hold my wife’s heart.’ Search him up and be inspired!
And that’s all the questions answered and my head is aching, why is it that remembering things is so hard sometimes? Following in Yusra’s footsteps means that I cant just nominate just eight of you wonderful people, so like her I am going to say I nominate every reader of this blog that wants to participate! Seriously, without you guys commenting, liking or even just reading my blog posts I wouldn’t be half as happy as I am now!. You are all wonderful people, so thank you all.
Right I guess I have to give you ten questions that aren’t the same.
- If your house was on fire and you could only save one item, what would you take with you and why? (don’t worry about people/pets lets just say they are out at the time of this hypothetical fire)
- What is your favourite musician/band?
- If you could meet anyone from throughout the entire of history, who would it be?
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
- What would you name the autobiography of your life?
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to and why?
- How best do you spend your free time?
- What is your favourite book and why?
- If you could only play one musical instrument, what would it be and why?
Thank you all my wonderful readers! have a good day 🙂